This registration is obligatory for the specific details indicated (course, accommodation, weeks or hours). Please fully complete the application form and return it to us. The contract comes with registration acceptance through SPRACHCAFFE. After having received your application we will acknowledge your registration in writing.
The service description stated in the brochure and on the internet, regarding the bill / confirmation, is binding for the duration of the contracted arrangements. Any problems / complaints of the service should be reported to us immediately, enabling us to promptly find a solution. However please note that following this type of situation, the participant will not be offered a reduction in price. Each tuition hour lasts 45 minutes. There will be no reimbursements offered if a lesson is not attended by the participant. No tuition will take place on legal bank holidays and these bank holidays do not result in compensation.
Please make a down payment of €150 within one week after receiving our bill / confirmation. The remaining course fees must be paid no later than 3 weeks prior to the start of the course. The travel documents will be sent to you in due time.
When changing a booking, which must be done no later than 14 days prior to the start of the course / excursion, we ask for a fee of €50 in order to compensate for our additional expenses. The same fee will be required to cover booking alterations regarding the course location or the positioning of a suitable replacement participant.
You may withdraw from the arranged course / excursion any time prior to its commencement. It is in your best interest, and also to avoid any misunderstandings, that we ask you to do this in writing. In relation to our expenses, we calculate the appropriate substitute costs to be the following:
Fee due to cancellation
• No later than 30 days prior to the commencement of course / excursion: 10%
• No later than 15 days prior to the commencement of course / excursion: 25%
• No later than 7 days prior to the commencement of course / excursion: 40%
• No later than 6 days prior to the commencement of course / excursion: 75%
If you do not attend an excursion / course that has been booked without notifying us of the cancellation, then the entire excursion price / course price will have to be paid. The verification of higher or lower fees due remains possible.
Our liability for damage claims, that are not physical injuries, is limited by contractual agreement to an amount of twice the original travel cost.
Should one of the previously stated travel conditions become ineffective and therefore invalid, this will have no effect on the travel conditions for the remainder of the excursion.
8. Legal Venue
The place of jurisdiction is Düsseldorf.
9. Organising Company
GoAcademy! - Sprachcaffe Düsseldorf Grafenberger Allee 78-80, 40237 Düsseldorf
Only relevant to Single Tuition
1. Cancellations of arranged appointments for single tuition must be done no later than 48 hours before the lesson; otherwise the tuition hours will unfortunately have to be paid.
2. For booked and paid tuition hours, an entitlement to claim language tuition and fee reimbursement expires after two years.
Only relevant to Evening Courses
1. Billing does not occur by calendar month. One course month consists of four weeks. For courses that take place once a week, four appointments are combined to one course month. For courses that take place twice a week, one course month comprises eight appointments.
2. After your chosen course duration (three, six or nine months) has expired, there is no need to register for the course again, since the course is extended automatically on a monthly basis, unless we have received a written cancellation to end the contract. If you do not wish to continue with the course, please make sure to cancel in due time. The period of notice is four weeks before the end of your contract. Intensive course and private lessons do not need to be cancelled, as they are not automatically renewed.
3. Cancelled appointments due to public holidays or absence of teachers will be made up for in form of additional appointments at the end of your contract.
4. If you missed an appointment there will be no compensation except in two circumstances: If you missed an appointment due to illness and have provided a doctor’s certificate within three days of the onset of your illness / start date of the class, or if you missed appointments due to a holiday break during an ongoing evening class. We will consider your break if it is longer than two weeks and if you gave us a written notice two weeks before your holiday. The compensation will be as follows: Three missed appointments = one extra appointment; four missed appointments = two extra appointments; five missed appointments = three extra appointments. Missed classes (public holidays, absent teachers, private holiday breaks) do not affect the fixed cancellation date or the period of notice of your course. Please note that we can only consider holiday breaks twice per year.
5. The evening course chosen upon registration con only commence / continue with a sufficient number of participants (at least four). Evening courses that have already been paid for and are then cancelled by Sprachcaffe will be refunded.
Only relevant to Educational Leave from work
1. For application and claim of educational leave from work, the tuition lesson is obligatory for the participant. Times of absence must be immediately notified to the school’s management and to your employer.
2. A change of booking (date, course, language) must take place promptly and be received by us in writing at the latest of 3 weeks prior to the start of the course. For short-term withdrawals (less than 3 weeks prior to start of course) point 6 of our booking conditions applies. This also applies if your employer does not accept the desired date for a holiday. In this case we ask for appropriate notification from your employer to be submitted to us. Up to 2 changes of booking, notified in due time, take place free of charge. For any further changes we will charge you an amount of €50 to compensate for our additional expenses.
1. Enrollment: Fill in the application form, scan it and send it to email@example.com, or alternatively use our online booking system. A deposit of 20% of the total amount is due at the time of registration. With your application you commit yourself to the services requested and booking conditions. After having received your application and deposit we will send the confirmation of enrollment and the invoice. The welcome pack with extra information and the address of your accommodation will be sent after you have settled the remaining balance. The invoice must be paid in full four weeks before arrival.
2. Change of booking: Any change (e.g. arrival date, accommodation, etc.) required up to 28 days before departure will incur a fee of €55 / £45 / $55 / 70CAD or equivalent (USA in accordance with ACCET and local state regulations). Afterwards we will do our utmost, but cannot guarantee the fulfilment of the request made since extra costs may be incurred. In that case, the rebooking charge may exceed €55 / £45 / $55 / 70CAD: 3. Rebooking and cancellation: If a booking is altered up to 28 days before departure we will be obliged to charge
3. Rebooking and cancellation: If a booking is altered up to 28 days before departure we will be obliged to charge a fee of 50€ / £40 / $65. After this period we cannot guarantee the requested changes and the rebooking costs may exceed the above amounts. In the case of cancellation we will charge following fees:
|Up to 16 days prior||10%, max €250 / £200 / $300. Additional visa & courier fees if required||Non-refundable fees, max $160 - $310 depending on location. (registration, placement & courier fees)||10% max $350 CAD. Additional courier fees if required|
|3 - 15 days prior||50%, max €500 / £400 / $600. Additional visa & courier fees if required||Non-refundable fees, max $160 - $310 depending on location. (registration, placement & courier fees) + 1 week accommodation||30%, max $700 CAD. Additional courier fees if required.|
|2 days prior||90%, max €1000 / £800 / $1200. Additional visa & courier fees if required||Non-refundable fees, max $160 - $310 depending on location. (registration, placement & courier fees) + 2 weeks accommodation||30%, max $1000 CAD. Additional courier fees if required|
After course start: Worldwide - 100%, max €1200 / £1000 / $1300; USA & Canada - We follow the policies established by ACCET and the respective U.S. or Canadian state (+2 weeks accommodation).
Cancellation insurance is available at 2% of the total amount (minimum €55 / £45 / $55 / 70CAD). The insurance fee must be settled at the time of registration and will only apply if you cancel prior to departure due to health reasons (a written confirmation from the relevant doctor is required as proof ).
In the unlikely event the school is unable to create a group course due to an insufficient number of students of the same level, smaller classes for a reduced number of lessons will be provided instead (standard = 12 lessons / intensive = 18 lessons). Under the rare circumstances of our being forced to cancel, all fees paid for SCIH LIMITED, trading as Sprachcaffe Languages PLUS services, will be refunded. The minimum number of participants is 4.
Online language course cancellation: Appointments scheduled for online one-to-one classes must be cancelled at least 24 hours in advance.
4. Visa: In order to provide the letter of acceptance required by the embassy for issuing a visa, 40% of the total amount should be paid together with an additional charge of non-refundable €50 / £40 / $50 / 65 CAD or equivalent (in USA and Canada this amount is included in the registration fee); non-refundable shipping fees may apply. In the case of visa refusal, a full refund minus the additional, non refundable fees can only be made if the student provides the letter of refusal issued by the embassy at least 15 days before departure (evidence of visa refusal is required). After this date we will consider the participation of the student as confirmed and normal cancellation/rebooking charges will apply. In case the visa has not yet been issued 16 days before departure, we strongly recommend postponing the course. In this case, the first rebooking fee will not be charged.
5. Acceptable forms of payment: By bank transfer: The relevant account number will be on the invoice. Please send us a copy of the transfer order. All bank charges will be incurred by you. By credit card: Upon your notification, the appropriate form will be sent. It will need to be completed with the name of the credit card issuer, card number, expiry date and signature. An additional 2% credit card fee might be charged.
6. Insurance: Neither agent, operator, nor the school will be held responsible in any way for any accident, illness, loss of personal effects or change in personal circumstances arising at any time prior to or during the course. We therefore strongly recommend our personal travel insurance (incl. Health, Accident, Liability, Deportation: Basic protection from €1.30 / £1 / $1.30 / 1.70 CAD per person per day plus a service charge of €13 / £10 / $13 / 17 CAD).
7. Liability: Parents of minors agree that neither SCIH LIMITED, trading as Sprachcaffe Languages PLUS nor the homestay shall be liable for damage or problems caused either negligently or intentionally by their children while participating in trips. Parents and their children who are still minors recognise and accept the laws and the normal code of conduct of the country which they are visiting.
8. Rights to image and film material: By agreeing to our general terms and conditions you are accepting that SCIH LIMITED, trading as Sprachcaffe Languages PLUS has the right to use any photos, video and sound recordings which may be produced in the course of a language programme. These materials may be used by us for promotional purposes without cost implication or the need for a separate authorisation from you.
9. Disclaimer: While all information in this is accurate at the time of publication, the content may be subject to updates. We reserve the right to refuse admission or to dismiss any student from school/accommodation without any refund in the event of misconduct or unsatisfactory attendance. The school expects students to adhere to the rules set.
Errors and changes reserved.
Booking conditions updated November 2016 by SCIH LIMITED, 135 Kings Road, Bn1 2HX, Brighton, UK.